Oil is very useful for foot massage, because it has a relaxing effect, improves blood circulation and makes the skin tender. You can use different essential oils, because each of them has a different effect on the skin of the feet. Most often people use jojoba oil, almond or apricot oil for massage. Fractionated coconut oil also perfectly nourishes and moisturizes the skin of the feet, it is ideal for sensitive skin that is prone to dryness or irritation.
If you do a regular foot massage, you can feel the lightness and tenderness of the skin after the first procedure. Massage of the legs with essential oils will relax your feet after a hard day, give them lightness, smoothness and improve their health.
You will remove stress and feel a noticeable improvement in your health. Most health problems are associated with stress and your emotions. You improve your mood by regularly massaging your legs. Medical experts and masseurs often use sensitive points on the legs to remove tension. This technique is used to relax tense muscles and soothe the skin after a difficult working day.
Benefits of Massaging Your Feet with Essential Oils
There are many benefits from foot massage using essential oils. Now we will consider the main of them:
Massage for the feet with oil improves your sleep, because it gives an excellent relaxation of the entire organism, and not just of the legs. You massage your legs and your hands also relax, so it has an effect on the quality of your sleep, because the body calms down and rests better.
People wear shoes every day, sometimes they do it often and walk a lot. In the evening, it is very difficult to sleep, because people feel stress and pain in their feet from fatigue or bad shoes. Massage is recommended to every person; it is need to do massage at least 10-15 minutes to get the result. Massage is especially advised for people with diabetes to improve blood circulation and to relax the nerves and muscles.
Massage should be beneficial, so do not do it with reluctance. Massage should be gentle and sensual, so as not to rub the rough skin and you should touch it gently. You do this in order to relax and soothe the skin, fill it with components from essential oils, moisturize and strengthen.
If you are concerned about migraine or headaches, then foot massage is very useful to press reflex points. Scientists have proven that massage certain parts of the legs will help to get rid of migraines for a long time. You need to look at the reflex chart and massage the desired points for 10-15 minutes a day. The result will undoubtedly please you, because the pain in your head will leave you.
Any kind of massage will relax you; you can simply flatten your skin or press on sensitive points. If you often feel sad, uncomfortable or irritated, then make massage every day and you will feel calmer and better. Massage does not solve the problem with your emotions for 100%, but it will help to relax, to get pleasure and to sleep well. Even a temporary effect is sometimes very necessary for some people, because they are tired of work and constant stress.
Massage of the feet will help to remove pain and relax tired muscles of the legs. Most often, pain or exertion of the legs occurs before going to bed, so you need to do massage in the evening. A warm essential oil penetrates the skin, soothes muscles and relaxes your feet. You can sleep better without worrying about discomfort in your legs.
Massage of the legs with essential oils will help to reduce pressure, relieve stress and improve blood circulation and access to oxygen. Not all people know that foot massage with oil helps lower blood pressure.
If you have a flat foot and you walk a lot every day, the weight of your body is distributed to the foot incorrectly. In this case, pain in the legs occurs every day and it is very difficult for you to fall asleep. Massage of your feet will help to relax the muscles and you can feel relief.
If it’s hard for you to do the massage yourself, then ask someone in your family to do it for you. Most often people use electronic massagers – this is also a good method for improving blood circulation.
Advices for Massaging Your Feet
If you need to walk a lot every day, then you definitely need to do a massage every day. Here are some tips on how to properly massage and what you need to do:
- Use a warm shower or a basin with warm water to soften the skin of the legs.
- You can do massage by your own or ask someone. If you have the opportunity — go to a massage therapist or buy an electronic massager.
- Take several kinds of essential oils and connect them to the containers. Use this mixture every time you massage.
- It will be convenient to use both hand doing massage of each leg.
- If another person will massage you, then take a comfortable pose.
- Massage should be done starting with the foot and moving up the leg.
- No need to do rough movements, massage should be calm and pleasant.
- If you do not have much time for massage, then do this for 5 minutes and you will notice an improvement.
Different kinds of Essential Oils
Foot massage is very useful but it can not solve all your health problems. You can do massage at home by adding a few drops of different essential oils, for example:
- Myrrh is the best oil to soothe your emotions. This helps you relax and relieve tension.
- Frankincense also helps you relax, balance emotions and have a sound and healthy sleep.
- Thyme invigorates your legs; it also helps to prevent a leg disfigurement.
- Lemongrass relieves swelling from the ankles and removes the problem with sweaty feet.
- Peppermint fights with smelly feet; it refreshes and cools them.
- Rosemary is a very good essential oil for legs with infections.
- Tea tree helps to get rid of the fungus.
- Geranium strengthens blood circulation and relieves stress
- Lavender oil soothes the irritated skin of the feet.
- Grapefruit oil relieves irritation, gives courage and strengthens your immune system.
If you want to focus on the identified form of foot problems, then you can combine these oils. Be sure that your legs and your body will respond to such attention and care.